Power & Function
About Us > Power & Function
Siliguri Jalpaiguri Development Authority (SJDA), a statutory body under the West Bengal Town and Country (Planning & Development) Act, 1979, derives its powers and functions from the section 13(1)(ii) of the said Act. The salient functions are...
- To prepare a present Land Use Map.
- To prepare and enforce an Outline Development Plan.
- To prescribe use of land within its area.
- To prepare and execute development schemes.
- To co-ordinate development activities of all departments and agencies of the State Government or local authorities operating within the Planning Area.
- To carry out such works as are contemplated in the Development Plans.
- To acquire, hold and manage such property, both movable and immovable, as the Development Authority may deem necessary for the purposes of any of its activities and to lease, sell or otherwise transfer any property held by it.
- To purchase by agreement or to take on lease or under any form of tenancy, any land and to erect thereon such buildings and to carry out such operations as may be necessary for the purposes of carrying on its undertakings.
- To enter into or perform such contracts as may by necessary for the performance of its duties and for exercise of its powers under this Act.
- To provide facilities for the consignment, storage and delivery of goods.
- To perform any other function which is supplemental, incidental or consequential to any of the functions aforesaid or which may be prescribed.